Counseling for Depression
Are you stuck in depression, feeling alone, hopeless and questioning your life? Have you lost your energy and want only to eat, sleep and avoid people?
If you’re depressed, you may identify with some of the following:
- I’m exhausted and have difficulty getting out of bed.
- I have lost motivation.
- I feel hopeless.
- I tend to be stuck in my head.
- I focus too much on the negative and let myself spiral down.
- I burst out crying for little reason.
- I don’t enjoy anything anymore.
- I’m in so much pain that sometimes I feel life is not worth living.
- I feel like I’m not good enough.
- I struggle to make decisions.
- I overeat when I’m feeling down and then I feel guilty.
- I’m mourning what I thought life would be at this point.
You're a good match for therapy with me if...
You’ve realized you can’t go on feeling this way and are ready to seek professional help. You’re a great candidate for therapy with me if:
- You’re depressed and stuck in a cycle of negativity and low energy.
- You value authenticity and finding your true self.
- You value spirituality and living a life of love.
I take a holistic approach to healing that includes mind, body and spirit. I became a therapist because I know from personal experience the pain of depression. At its worst, depression hurts more than any physical pain.
"“Unhappiness itself is not the problem—it is an inherent and unavoidable part of being alive. Rather, it’s the harshly negative views of ourselves that can be switched on by unhappy moods that entangle us."
- Mark Williams
How therapy helps
Recovery from depression starts with reaching out for help. Many people feel relief from finally telling another person how they are feeling. Treatment for depression looks different for each person. In therapy I help you:
- Tell your story with self-compassion and see your strengths.
- Learn mindfulness practices to lessen the power of negative, self-critical thoughts.
- Find physical balance through healthy eating, exercise, sleep and other self-care practices.
- Heal from old wounds that may be contributing to depression.
- Deepen your spiritual practices and bring God into your healing.
- Align your life with purpose and meaning.
Depression is not the truth of who you are
Depression is a state of mind, body and spirit that is based on a lie. The depressed mind tells you that you’re worthless, that nothing you do has value, that life has no meaning. When depression gets really painful, you may think you’d be better off dead. You may even fantasize about suicide.
The truth is that you are unique. You have value. You are a beloved child of God. There is a path out of the fog of depression. I know because I’ve walked the journey.
If you feel I’m speaking to your heart, please contact me for a free initial phone consultation. We’ll find a time to talk for 15 minutes.
I will listen to what you’re experiencing and what you hope for from therapy. Then together we can decide about scheduling an initial appointment. If we’re not a good fit, I’m happy to offer referrals to other therapists.
You don’t have to go through depression alone!
Ready to Start a Conversation?
I'm so glad you found me! I offer a free 15-minute phone consultation to explore if we would be a good fit working together. Call me at (919) 619-8110, or fill out the form below.